Tuesday, March 31, 2009

So I finally started my own blog!

I've been thinking about it for a while now and here I am!

I was writing a message to a friend earlier (if you're reading this, hi Reg!) and it made me realize that it's a good thing that my little business is online because I can work like usual today... Which would not be the case if I had to TALK to people. You see, I had a sore throat for a few days (well, most likely laryngitis) but now my voice is completely gone! My sister had the same thing happen to her a couple of weeks ago and I started feeling like that a few days after I saw her, so I'm guessing that it's some sort of virus or bacteria?! Or just a weird coincidence. When I woke up this morning I could still make a few sounds, but now I can only whisper and even that is getting harder to do!

Anyway, I'm glad that I still have my fingers, my keyboard and this blog to express myself today because it's weird not being able to talk!

And about this blog... The goal is to write every day, but I'll try to post at least a few times a week. The topics I'm probably going to write about are:

  • My personal life (daily stuff, relationships, personal growth and a lot of random things I'm sure...)

  • My family (my creative and spontaneous 4 year old son who says the cutest things, my vegetarian boyfriend who's the most unconventional person you'll ever meet, my son's dad who's the best friend I'll ever have, my loving mom who's a Scrabble champion, my dad who passed away from lung cancer almost 4 years ago and my sister who makes the best red cabbage salad.)

  • My business (We've Got Paper - stationery design, letter sets, notepads, labels, new products, ideas, etc.)
  • The art of letter writing (the hundreds of letters I've written over the last 22 years, my penpals, meetings...)

  • Photography (you can expect to see photos posted regularly...)

  • And probably interesting websites, items and people that I think you should know about!
If you're reading this, please comment and say hello!I'd love to know who's interested in my new blog! Hope everyone's having a great day,

Julie xox

4 comments:

  1. Yaay! Can't wait to read more about you in your blog:) Your son is gorgeous and so are you!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie!!! Love that you are blogging! I have a letter ready to mail to you, but its a pretty craptastic "form" letter, just to get you all caught up. I was thinking of it like a journal entry. But I can't wait to hear from you!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh & I didn't realise that I would show up as "gordified". Its been a long time since I used this. Its Cindy in BC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey julie~
    have fun with the new blog!

    ReplyDelete