Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Letters

To all my penpals... Thanks for being so patient with me! I'm happy to say that I'm finally ALMOST all caught up on my mail now! I only have a few more letters to write and then I'll hopefully be able to reply to letters as I receive them.

I'm curious. For those of you who have penpals, how long does it usually take you to write back? When my letters weren't extremely long, I used to reply within a month. When I started writing longer letters, it took me 2-3 months or more to write back. Unfortunately, I injured my thumb last fall and didn't write any letters for 5 months, so I obviously got behind. Ideally, I'd like to be able to reply within a month from now on. There's hope!

Isn't it magical to receive a handwritten letter in your mailbox?!


Julie xox

3 comments:

  1. I always send mine the next day after getting one in the mail. I usually do shorter list of events that are going on with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, pregnancy set me back quite a bit initially - waits were reasonably long then. I'm 100% caught up now, yay! When I'm feeling "normal", I like responding within one week, two weeks max. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you remember me, as I wrote you and recieved your responce over a year ago! So it took me that long to reply, but I now have a letter ready to mail out to you. When I was at my good days for writing, it took me a couple of weeks to answer, but now it takes me ages. I'm still hoping I'll get better again at it 'cause I miss writing ...

    ReplyDelete