Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ode to my family

I live in what used to be my grandparents' house. My grandma passed away when I was around 4 years old in the early 1980's and my grandpa died in 2002. A few months later, I moved here.

My grandma was born in France in 1921 and her name was Marguerite Jacq. She was an only child and her mom died when she was 14.



My grandpa was born in France in the early 1920's. His name was Yves Trévily and his family was bigger than my grandma's, but I'm not sure how many siblings he had. They all stayed in France so I only met them once or twice when I was a baby.



My grandparents got married in July 1943 in France. Wasn't my granpa handsome?! And I love my grandma's dress.



My mom is an only child and she was also born in France, in 1946. Her name is Annie Trévily and she was such a cute baby! She looks a bit sad in this picture though.


She moved to Québec with her parents when she was 4 years old. This was her passport photo.


Her crooked bangs on this picture make me smile. Very charming!


And here she is at 16 years old in the 1960's!


As some of you might know, my last name is Trévily-Pigeon, Pigeon being my dad's last name. My son's dad and I decided to give Trévily as a last name to our little guy when he was born.

As a tribute to my family, I made notecards with all the photos featured in this post. They should be available in my Etsy shop as a set in the coming weeks!

Julie xox

4 comments:

  1. Vraiment intéressant les photos de ta famille!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my favourite post by anyone ever. LOVE it, Julie. You are fortunate to have so many great photos of your family. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thank you Cindy! You just made my day! xox

    I love these photos but I spent so many hours restoring them since they were old... Totally a labour of love! <3

    Contente que tu aimes les photos Virginie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also loved this post, those photos makes me wonder about the past, and your last idea is grear, I was appreciating the photos a lot of times and in the end I'm sure that you will create amazing notepads.

    ReplyDelete