Monday, December 14, 2009

Penpal of the Week #27

Today, meet our first Penpal of the Week from New Zealand: Steviie! But before you read her interview, I just want to say that I'm looking for more people who would like to be featured on my blog, so if you're interested in being Penpal of the Week, please reply to this post with your email address. Thanks!

1. Please tell us about you!

I'm so excited to have the chance to be interviewed :]

Well, my name is Steviie Nicole Sky Smith, I took my first breath on August 26th 1990 @ 10:27am which makes me 19! I'm currently working as an office assistant, but trained in the field of hair and make up (which I love! I have a huge passion for fashion :]) I am living in Auckland, New Zealand, and have done so ALL my life, I love living here but would love to visit the US and the UK one day! I live with my Mom, Step Dad and Baby brother Kyle (4). I also have another brother, Slaine (15) who lives with our dad. He visits once a fortnight.

Me and my brothers.


My mum is a BIG part of my life, she is more like a sister :] I can tell her anything and I never have to worry about her getting mad, she is always happy to help with anything that I need, she is very selfless and always looks out for us kids before thinking about herself. She is 1 in a million and I'm so very glad she is my mum :]

My Mum (My Rock).


Leonie - Is my BFF :] We have been friends since high school, we have had a lot of ups and downs but I know she will always be there for me and I love her sooo much!! She is also the mother of my goddaughter Kaylah :]

Me and my BFF Leonie =] Back when we were just 15!


I Love Fashion/Hair & Make Up/Celebrities - I've always got new Make Up tips on my Interpals page :] I've got a few really cool tricks and tips so I like to share so everyone can use them!! & I take requests, if there is anything anyone wants to know about I don't mind helping out!!

I'm a reality TV addict! I LOVE MTV & VH1 & E! Reality Shows - I'm in love with Holly, Bridget & Kendra from "The Girls Next Door". In fact I love anything and everything Playboy :] I'm also a huge movie buff! There's nothing better then snuggling up in bed watching a really good DVD on a cold rainy night. I mostly enjoy comedies and chick flicks, but I have a huge collection of dance movies (Step Up, You Got Served, Stomp the Yard, Honey) and old classics (Godfather, Scarface).


I really love the artist "Callowlily", I think the work she does is amazing. There is not a single piece of hers that I don't like, her style is so glamorous and colorful and so just amazing :D I plan on some day soon getting a portrait tattoo of one of her pieces Some Day! I have two tattoos at the moment, "Faith" on my left wrist & a barcode on the back of my neck 0 with the numbers symbolic of my birthday and birthplace.

My 2 tattoos (that I love! I wanted them for about a year b4 I actually got them).


I'm pretty sure that's the big stuff :] but you can read more on my Interpals page!!


2. Describe your personality in 10 words!

Shy - At first, but once you get to know me you cannot keep me quiet!!

Creative - I LOVE to make things, whether it be painting, writing (poems/letters/stories), decorating I love to create things!

Funny - I love to laugh, I love to watch stand up comedy and hope to do my own someday :] I love telling and hearing funny stories and sharing jokes! What do you call cheese that isn't yours?! NACHO CHEESE :D love it!

Caring - I tend to quite quickly get to know someone and really like them and care for them and care how they are :]

Childish (in a good way lol) - I love to watch Disney channel :] Hannah Montana, Zoey 101, Wizards Of Waverly Place :]

Determined - Once I start something I have to finish it. There's nothing better than the feeling of actually completing something and being proud of it.


Ditzy - Sometimes I'm sooo ditzy, I don't think before I say and believe me! I pay for it when my family and friends tease me about it :]

Crazy - I'm the girl who will do or say anything to make my friends laugh, I will do something crazy just so you will stop being sad!! :]

Sarcastic - Seriously Sarcasm is my 2nd language!! :]

Awesome - Just ask my mom :]


3. How long have you been penpalling? How did you first start? Tell us about your first penpal!

I am sort of still a newbie at the whole snail mailing thing :] but so far I LOVE IT! I started in June/July, I found Interpals and made some really great friends, I've always wanted to snail mail, but never knew how. My mum has 2 penpals from the US which she has been writing to for 15 years!!! I KNOW! Crazy! So she's always made me want to snail mail :] It's so exciting getting mail! I'm quite shy usually but I feel like in letters I can be myself and to my close penpals can be confident and share everything and anything with them. It's a very nice feeling :]

As for my FIRST penpal? Hmm I think I started a few at the same time but I think it would have been Elizabeth from California :] She is just like me! We love the same things, have so much in common and I find that I can always write pages and pages to her and she does the same :] We spill everything to each other, she's definitely a best friend.


4. How many penpals do you have now and where are they from?

Right now, I think I have about 10 penpals. 2 in Australia - Emma & Sarah - who I can always have a laugh with and can talk about anything for advice or just a shoulder to cry on :]

Hayley from the UK - is amazing, she is soo sweet and cares so much about everyone, she is such a nice person =]

Mandy, Elizabeth, Shelly, Monica, Lesley Ann, Jaze & Sabrina - are all great girls, so funny and sweet and soo creative :]

Whitney from North Carolina IS AWESOME! She is very artistic and is actually in the middle of making me a "Callowlily" inspired portrait, I've seen a sneak peak and I am so overwhelmed with how amazingly talented she is and I cannot wait to hang it on my wall :]

Callowlily art


I also have a few newer penpals that I am JUST getting to know, but can already tell that we will be friends for such a long time =]


5. What are your favorite topics to discuss in letters?

I like to think that I can pretty much talk about anything! BUT! I love to talk about current events (celebrity current events that is :P) What's going on in my life *and my penpals :] likes, dislikes, Movies, TV Shows, Music, Books, Events and whatever else I happen to think about while writing :]

I always like to add in stuff to my letters to make them that much nice to receive, I've started putting quizzes and pix of hot athletes and really pretty postcards into my letters :] So nice when you get to read a letter and then see all this amazing stuff too :] Gives you heaps to write back about!

Make up! One of my big loves.


6. What are you looking for in a penpal?

Someone who I can relate to in some way or another. Someone who shares similar interests, a penpal who writes at least 2 pages if not more, it costs $2.30 to send a letter so I'd prefer to not get 1 paged letters! When they are longer I have more to write back with :]

And mostly someone who I can tell anything to and get advice from and tell them about my stinky day and have them make me smile and feel better and vice versa :]


7. What do you like the most about penpalling?

I like knowing that I am sending someone a letter that I know they will really enjoy. Filled with jokes and funny stories and pictures of hot guys (LOL) and cool things I've found that I know they would love to see :]

I also love the stationary! As silly as that sounds! I love seeing all the different types of really cute paper and pens and stickers other people can get. At the moment I'm trying desperately to find some "Playboy" paper and envelopes, I can't seem to find any! That's okay though I have other cute paper :]

Sample of my letters.


8. In what language(s) do you correspond?

Unfortunately I can only speak English BUT I've started learning Samoan and can teach you some if you like! Oh and want to learn Italian!!


9. What are some of your habits in regards to letter writing?

Well, when I receive a letter I can't help but read it ASAP and usually I would reply straight after reading, though if I know I won't have time I put it to one side until I know I have time to write a good letter.

I write my letters while sitting on my bed watching tv - while leaning on the box where I keep all my stationary :] I like to send letters as soon as I'm finsihed writing and will always reply within 2 - 3 days. Then off the letter goes at the post office!!

My handwriting sample.


10. Has anything strange/funny ever happened to you since you've been penpalling?

I once was asked if I would send snail mail to someone's brother who was in prison, I considered it but I just couldn't. I didn't feel like I would have much in common with someone in that position and so I declined.


11. Have you met any of your penpals?

No! But I would love to one day :] Maybe when I win the lottery I will go on a Pen Pal World Tour :D


12. Are you currently looking for more penpals?

I'm not looking but I would never say no to anyone that asked and I thought that we would get along :] I'm always open to meeting new people and I love to send letters so if anyone is reading this and would perhaps like to be my penpal definitely get in contact with me :]


Thank you, Steviie!

Julie xox

4 comments:

  1. i wanna nominate my penpal kelly from IL for penpal of the week.

    her email address is :
    kelsterjean@gmail.com

    jen in Md

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be penpal of the week.
    My email:
    blackpearl100@web.de

    Thanks :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie,

    I decided, I also would like to become penpal of the week. :)My email address is longletters@hotmail.de

    Thanks!!

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great page you have here! I would also like to be penpal of the week, in hope of finding new penpals :) You can either e-mail me at: tove_suominen85@hotmail.com or contact me on InterPal: ToveS

    And Steviie, I really liked what you wrote here! No wonder everyone always showers you in compliments :D

    ReplyDelete